Smokin’ Weekend

 


I recently bought a smoker. After not having one for a while, I was excited to get back to playing around with it. First up, smoked party trail mix. 


Toss a combo of your favorite snacks and trail mix with a little melted butter, and smoke for 1 hour at 200F. 

I used these 




Saturday I made smoked venison meatloaf with a sweet and spicy jelly glaze, corn on the cob and potato wedges 


I have a couple tricks to making meatloaf. Firstly, I chop one slice of bacon and fry the veggies before adding it to loaf mix. I used onions and sweet and hot peppers. Second trick is to mix your breadcrumbs, eggs, and a splash of milk into a paste, then add that to meat mixture instead of adding them separately. These two things make a big difference. This was one of the best meatloafs I’ve ever made. Very moist, light, and savory. It melts in your mouth. 
Sunday, I turned the leftovers into meatloaf sandwiches and meatloaf and cream cheese stuffed hot peppers.  


For dinner I had the stuffed peppers, corn, stir fry veggies and potatoes, and bacon wrapped venison backstrap, smoked 3 hours at 200F






What have you been smoking lately?



Comments

Popular Posts